Please review the information below as we look forward to the start of the 2022-23 school year!
- Please click HERE for the approved WASD 2022-23 calendar. Please note that there were some updates made to the calendar this month.
- Please click HERE to access the July edition of the WASHS family newsletter. There is a lot of information about upcoming dates and events, Parking Permit sales for juniors and seniors, information about morning arrival, dress code, and other commonly asked questions, and much more!
- WASHS learner schedules will be released in the Sapphire community portal on Monday, August 1, 2022.
- Schedules are visible ONLY in the Sapphire Community Portal, either through a parent/guardian account or learner's account. Please call the HS office at 717-762-1191 x1200 if you need assistance with you pin (NOTE, WASD is closed Friday, July 29).
- Please review THIS video by Dr. McCallum if you need help with reading your child's schedule.
- If you have a concern with or QUESTION regarding your child's schedule, please reach out to their grade-level guidance counselor via email. Grade level counselors are denoted on your child's schedule and their email addresses are listed in the WASHS family newsletter.
- If your child wishes to change a class, please use THIS following link to submit a request. Please remember that, due to various scheduling constraints, not every learner will be able to get their first selection of all classes. Your child may need to take an elective that was not one of their original selections in order to have a complete schedule and/or meet graduation requirements. Additionally, please be aware of course prerequisites before requesting a course change.
- We hope all of our families will join us for Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 16 from 6-7:30 pm. Please visit THIS page of the website for more information!
- We are sometimes asked for a School Supply list for WASHS. High school students have a wide variety of courses to choose from and the needs of each course are varied. Therefore, we do not publish a school supply list. Your child's teacher will let you know what, if any, supplies are needed at Back to School Night or the first day of school.
- If you are planning for your child to be an online learner through the Apex program, please contact Mr. Steve Lane via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP so the appropriate changes can be made to your child’s schedule.
- A message for families of rising members of the Class of 2024. Pennsylvania law requires all 11th grade students to have a physical exam completed and documentation of that exam turned in to the WASHS nurse’s office by November 1. Any physical completed after July 1, 2021 can be submitted.
- A message for families of rising members of the Class of 2023. The Pennsylvania Health department requires all 12th graders have their second meningococcal vaccine administered AFTER the child’s 16th birthday. If you have not submitted the required vaccination documents, please do so as soon as possible. Questions can be directed to our school nurse, Mrs. Amy Gebhart at email@example.com.
Should you need anything, please feel free to contact the WASHS main office at 717-762-1191 x1200 or me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.