Good evening High School Families,
I wanted to provide an update regarding any future snow/inclement weather school closures. We have now had four inclement weather days, which will be made up on the following dates - Monday, March 28, Thursday, April 14, Tuesday, April 19. If there are additional days where schools are closed for snow or inclement, WASHS learners will be expected to participate in virtual learning. This is known as a Flexible Instruction Day (FID). Learners who do not participate virtually will be marked absent unexcused unless proper documentation is submitted.
Please review THIS document for specific information about how FID days will run for WASHS learners.
A few items of note:
- Attendance will be taken during homeroom. Learners must be logged in and turn their camera on in order to be marked present.
- Learners who do not have a homeroom should check in virtually with Mr. Hoffman before their first class of the day using the Google Meet code THoffman.
- An excuse note must be submitted if your child is marked absent on a FID day.
- Learners who have a study hall do NOT need to join a Google Meet during that period of the day.
- Please reference the information at the end of the document for technology assistance.
- Learners currently attending CareerTech should follow the directions given in the announcements from the CT principal, Mr. Sholes, and/or the teacher of their shop. CareerTech follows a different protocol for closures; however, if closed, they will follow a "home-based" CTE day plan.
Please email Mrs. Kopco or me if you have any questions!
Thank you, Dr. McCallum