Good evening High School families, a few announcements and reminders for this week:
1. Virtual teacher/family conferences will be held this week. I strongly encourage you to schedule a conference if your child is struggling in a class. For directions and the link to schedule, please follow THIS link.
2. WASHS and WAMS will join schools across the state in completing the PA Youth Survey, which is administered every other year to learners in grades 6, 8, 10, and 12. Please follow THIS link to review information about this survey. Learners will be completing this survey on Tuesday, October 19. Please reference the directions in the linked document if you would like to opt your child out of participation.
3. While learners in grades 10 and 12 are completing the PAYS survey, 9th graders will participate in a lesson on GRIT, based on the book of the same name by Dr. Angela Duckworth. This lesson will focus on the power of hard work, practice, and achieving one's goals. Click HERE to learn more about Dr. Duckworth’s book. This lesson will be facilitated by me and part of the lesson will include learners taking a GRIT survey (Click HERE to view the survey) developed by Dr. Duckworth. Survey data will not be reported and will not be included in any class grades. Please contact me via email if you have any questions about this lesson or survey.
4. Calendar reminders:
- No School for learners on Friday, October 8 and Monday, October 11
- Early dismissal at 11:50 am on Thursday, October 21