Good evening high school families,
First, if your child is a junior, tomorrow, Thursday Sept 7 is the deadline to sign up and submit $18 payment for the PSAT/NMSQT. We can accept cash and checks payable to WASD.
PICTURE DAY INFO: Our annual picture day is Wednesday, September 13, 2022. Photographs are used for our annual yearbook and families have the option to purchase pictures for personal use. We receive a portion of the proceeds to benefit our students so we thank you in advance for placing a picture order!
- CT students will be photographed before departure. Any fall CT drivers should stop by the high school in the morning to be photographed.
- Members of the Class of 2024 should have been photographed over the summer. If your senior did not have his/her picture taken, please contact Mrs. Winter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about a make-up portrait options.
- In-Person learners will be photographed according to a grade level/ last name schedule. Learners who aren’t at WASHS for the full day (early to college, Apex) are welcome to stop by the high school between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm to have their picture taken.
- Student attire for pictures must meet WASD dress code which can be accessed HERE.
- If your learner won’t be in school on the 13th, the make-up day is Tuesday, October 18.
- Order forms were sent home last week and we have a limited number of extra order forms in the office. If you need an order form, please follow THIS link order form and send it with payment. Online payment options are available but learners will still need the order form, including the reference number from your online payment.
HOMECOMING INFO: September 29 & 30
Friday, September 29:
- Homecoming Parade from Summitview to WASHS Stadium, starting at 5:30 pm
- Homecoming queen candidates are nominated by WASHS teachers for exemplifying school spirit, academic succession, leadership, extra-curriculum involvement, and respect/kindness for others. The queen is voted on by members of the Senior Class. Homecoming escorts, representing band/color guard and our fall sports, are selected by their coaches and team.
- Football kick off versus Susquehanna Township at 7:00 pm
- Introduction of the Court & Escorts, queen crowning at halftime
Saturday, September 30:
- Homecoming Dance, sponsored by WASHS Student Council, 7:00 - 10:00 pm in the WASHS Cafeteria
- Student drivers may park anywhere on property
- Attendees being dropped off - please enter via the D-wing lot, drop off in the back of the school, and exit via the 2nd street entrance from 2nd Street. WASD School Police will be directing traffic.
- Tickets are $10 per approved attendee. Must present ticket upon arrival.
- Guest forms, linked below, are due by 3:00 pm on Friday, September 15
- WASHS Students need to return a completed EXPECTATIONS FORM when purchasing their ticket. Expectations include:
- Appropriate attire, as outlined on the expectations form
- Passing all classes
- 3 or less unexcused absences
- Have had no more than one day of suspension from school during the current school year
- Copies of all forms are available in the main office
- WASHS students who are not attending the dance should not be on school property before, during, or after the event.
- Ticket sales will take place as follows:
- NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON FRIDAY, 9/29.