We are finishing Week 11 of face-to-face school. We have started the second quarter. This will likely be the most challenging quarter of the school year.
Thank you to everyone for your cooperation and patience. So far, we have been very successful.
WASD has had strict protocols in place during this pandemic. Because of those protocols, we are still in school. Nevertheless, we are in a period that is showing a spike in cases. WASD has experienced several cases over the last couple of weeks.
- Please check your child or yourself daily for symptoms. If your child shows these symptoms, please keep him or her home.
- If someone in your household is being tested, please have your child remain home until a negative result is received. If other children are in your home, please keep all of them home.
- Wash your hands regularly and often.
- Students and all adults must wear face coverings when entering and remaining in a building or a bus.
- The holidays are fast approaching. Please minimize exposure risks as large groups or attending gatherings with people you are not with in your home regularly.
- If we follow all these precautions, we can have a successful school year.
Update of Number of COVID-19 Cases in the WASD
As of today, November 12, 2020, we have had a few new cases of COVID-19 among staff and students.
As of today, November 12, 2020, there are 3 cases of COVID-19 within the WASD staff and there are 7 cases of COVID-19 of students currently in the district buildings. These numbers do not include Students who are in cyber charters, private schools, and virtual schools as APEX, FVA or our Hybrid. Again, these numbers only reflect those attending our schools in person. In addition, almost every day we have those who are now healthy and released to return to school. In addition, 6 of these 10 total have not yet been confirmed by the Dept. of Health, but we anticipate they will be confirmed.
Thank you. Stay healthy and #BoroStrong!