Welcome back students and parents! I’m honored and excited to start the year as a WASD employee and the 6th grade assistant principal at WAMS. In order to get off to a successful year, I would encourage students and parents to try a few of the tips below:
- Establish a regular routine- wake-up time, breakfast, exercise, dinner, bedtime, etc.
- Create pattern of daily attendance that you’re proud of- It’s important to be here!
- Take an interest in your success. Make sure you know how to log in to check grades using the Community Web Portal.
- Be certain to surround yourself with positive role models and peers. You become the sum of those you are surrounded with.
- Be cognizant of social media usage. If you wouldn’t want whatever you’re posting to be put on the front page of the newspaper, think twice about putting it out there on the web. Once it’s out there, there’s no taking it back!
A little about me:
My name is Jamie Zimmerman and as I said, I am thrilled to be an assistant principal at WAMS! I am a graduate of Keystone Jr.-Sr. High School in Knox, PA and I earned my Bachelor's degree from Clarion University and my Master's degrees from Shippensburg University. I served as an ELA teacher for twelve years in the Chambersburg Area School District in grades 10-12. My husband is a teacher as well. I am a mother of a beautiful little girl. I am dedicated to ensuring that all students attending WAMS (and the district) have their First Choice.
If ever there is a need, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me: 717-762-1191 or email@example.com