Student Assistance Program (SAP)
In Pennsylvania, every middle and high school and some elementary schools have a Student Assistance Program (SAP). A SAP team, made up of school and community agency staff, is here to help you access school and community services.
If a student, teacher, staff member, or parent/guardian have a concern about a student who is struggling, they are encouraged to submit a SAP referral form to the team. The SAP team collects information on how that student is doing in school and explains the process to the student and their parents. If the student and parent would like to participate, the parent completes a Parent Permission Form. Our Student Assistance Program Liaison then meets with the student and helps determine resources in school and the community that could help.
The SAP team is here to help students who are struggling. The SAP team will help you find services and assistance within the school and, if needed, in the community.
WASHS faculty and staff that are members of the 2020-2021 SAP Team include:
- Cristal Mendez (School Counselor)
- Michele Phillips (School Counselor)
- Allison Kopco (Assistant Principal)
- Jenna Swailes (English Teacher)
- Emily Dickey (English Teacher)
- Emily Nystrom (Math Teacher)
- Tracy Bonebrake-Miller (Physical Education Teacher)
- Joe Wetzel (School-Based Juvenile Probation Officer)
- Corinne Haupt (Healthy Community Partnership Liaison)
Please visit the SAP website for more information about the program.