Student Assistance Program (SAP)
In Pennsylvania, every middle and high school and some elementary schools have a Student Assistance Program (SAP). A SAP team, made up of school and community agency staff, is here to help you access school and community services.
If a student or teacher has a concern about a student who is struggling they are encouraged to submit a SAP referral to the team. The SAP team collects information on how that student is doing in school and explains the process to the student and their parents. If the student and parent would like to participate, the parent completes a Parent Permission Form. Our Student Assistance Program Liaison, Doug Coldsmith, meets with the student and helps determine resources in school and the community that could help.
The SAP team is here to help students who are struggling. The SAP team will help you find services and assistance within the school and, if needed, in the community.
WASHS faculty and staff that are members of the 2019-2020 SAP Team include:
- Amanda Raudabaugh (School Counselor)
- Doug Crist (School Counselor)
- Allison Kopco (Assistant Principal)
- Emily Dickey (English Teacher)
- Emily Nystrom (Math Teacher)
- Tracy Bonebrake-Miller (Physical Education Teacher)
- Deborah Brimer (School Nurse)
- Joe Wetzel (School-Based Juvenile Probation Officer)
- Jenna Swailes (English Teacher)
- Corinne Haupt (Healthy Community Partnership Liaison)
Please visit the SAP website for more information about the program.